Thursday, September 24, 2015

It Takes Grit

I have one 6-year-old and one 8-year-old; I have one boy and one girl; I have one who loves math and one who loves social studies; I have one who reads on grade-level and one who reads well above; I have one with grit and one without.  I'm not going to lie - I worry more about the one without grit. We spend a lot of time talking about the need to persevere, and just last night we talked about grit because I will persevere - she will have grit! Eventually...


Check out how we are helping to build grit in Truman students...

The work you do with 7 Habits provide a framework to be successful.
Teaching kids to understand their emotions and how they manage them - we want them to be assertive in their journey to success.
Current research on growth mindset can have a huge impact - check this out on the 2nd floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment