Monday, June 24, 2013

My Someday List

Nancie Atwell has students dedicate a page in their journal to "Someday Books."  These are books that students learn about and find intriguing enough to want to read when they get a chance.  I have so many someday books on my list, starting with the literature in our own curriculum:

Sorry, Wrong Number
Chain of Fire
I Am Nujood, Age 10 and Divorced
The Birchbark House
Of Beetles and Angels
Count of Monte Crisco
Before We Were Free
The Kitchen God's Wife
Zlata's Diary
Tasting the Sky
Code Talker
Elijah of Buxton
Cracker
Esperanza Rising
Sunrise over Falluja
Mockingbird

Plus, on a recommendation from Nancie Atwell, I'm going to read:

Purple Heart

Because I want to finish the series:

Reached

On then, for my own pleasure:

The Fault in Our Stars
Beautiful Ruins

Let's see how I do...

1 comment:

  1. Read The Fault in Our Stars NOW. It is so beautiful, moving, and real!

    ReplyDelete